There's something shady going on in Assam Net , A ba. So many virus infected mails are being circulated under Fictitious / Real names , it has become real tough to actually ascertain Which mails to open and which ones not to open and which mails are genuine.

A couple of days back i received one mail from you under the subject " Your messages " . When i opened the email , it was completely blank . Then after 1 or 2 days , you sent out a message to Assam Net  clarifying that your pc system might have got infected and contacts in your Address Book might have received unsolicited mails.

Regards

Jayanta

From: Alpana Sarangapani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Add to Address Book
  To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Subject: Attached files
  Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2002
Hi Everyone: I noticed there was a mail with 2 attached files with the subject VIRUSes, sent in my name.

Just wanted to let you know it was NOT me. Do NOT open any mail with any attachment even if it is "sent" with a name that you know, especially if it is sent using one of those FREE email accounts, like HOTMAIL, YAHOO, REDIFFMAIL, etc., etc., etc. - you know!

And if you think that you HAVE :-) to open that mail with an attachment, send an email to that person first before opening to confirm that it was sent by her/him.

Have a good one!
--ABS.

Do You Yahoo!?
  • Re: jayanta payeng