I believe the Mughals came through Central Asia so you
could find the references to Mughal architecture in
the cities of Central Asia as well - that is where
they came through before reaching India. So cities
such as Ashkhabad, Bukhara (?), Khiva etc. in
countries such as Uzbekistak, Turkmenistan,
Kazakhstan. The mughals did indeed pass through these
places. One link:

http://www.dragoman.com/destinations/single.php?tripCat=STT&specificTrip=&extraInfo=1