>>The question is will India ever dare to do that?

>>*** Exactly! Beggars usually don't get to be
>>choosers--to put it bluntly. Particularly when the
>>beggar happens to be a tyrant that escaped justice.

When the head of European Commission came calling
while talking "negative" about Kashmir, he had the
door shut on him.

This "beggars cannot be..." thing seems to be the
usual condition of rhetoric getting out of hand.

The author seems to live in a different world,
oblivious of the changes in the undercurrents in the
world. When Bush goes to China and talks about giving
more freedom to Christian evangelists, he STILL lives
with the fear of the Chinese showing him the thumb
some day soon.

"Tyrant escaping justice" would possibly fit Condy and
Bush better.

>> But we are missing the real important part of the
>>story, which is, that the USA and other major and
>>mature democracies do not exactly respect Indian
>>democracy very much. And not just that, informed and
>>thinking Indians do not either, whether in India or
>>whether abroad.

Let's see. At last count, the US of A was respecting a
Jihadist monarchy in Saudi Arabia, a military junta in
Pakistan, sundry such juntas across South America, the
Taliban of Afghanistan (not so long back), the Shah of
Iran.

Obviously these democracies are more bothered about
respecting oil and "national interest" than democracy,
Indian or otherwise.

Clearly, someone has also taken on the right to opine
on behalf of informed and thinking Indians without
bothering to check the barometer on the ground.

>>As a thinking Indian, Mridul Bhuyan ought to be
asking the hard question about the quality of Indian
democracy, and not take insult with Modi being
insulted, and deservedly so. If Modi is a symbol or
made into a symbol of Indian national pride then India
deserves every bit it got on this, and more.

It is obviously not evident to this writer that this
issue is not about Modi. That an elected
representative's visa being denied is indeed a fit
case for national pride being hurt.

Perhaps this post itself is not about Modi - but about
India baiting with reason having flown out the window.