Talking of roads in Assam, the Lokhra road in
Guwahati, passing through Lal Ganesh - and I have
talked about it before as well - are probably the
worst in any part of the state (perhaps India as
well), worse than the craters of the moon.

There is even a news item on this one on Assam
Tribune. People protesting (surprising but good) and
them getting Lathi charged - the MLA/MP from the area
obviously turning a blind eye for a long time.

ASSAM TRIBUNE

Police lathicharge protesters in Lokhra
By A Staff Reporter
 GUWAHATI, April 11– Several persons were injured when
police resorted to lathicharge at Lalganesh area in
the city this afternoon to disperse a crowd of people
who were blocking the Lokhra road in protest against
the failure of the authorities to repair the road.

Police also arrested hundreds of persons taking part
in the agitational programme under the banner of the
Dakshin Guwahati Unnayan Samannoyrakhsi Samiti and the
city unit of the Asom Jatiyatabadi Yuva-Chattra
Parishad (AJYCP), from various parts of the Ambari
Cycle Factory-Lokhra area like Ambari Cycle Factory,
Lokhra and Lalganesh.

Mentionably, the people of the localities on the
Lokhra Road have been agitating for quite a long time
now protesting the apathy of the authorities towards
improving the condition of the road.

The State administration had about two months back,
announced a programme to improve the condition of the
road. But the people of the localities have resented
that the announcement of the Government was only a
step to hoodwink the common people.