Hi,

I am now realizing that despite the most well meaning efforts by my seniors and professors I may not get a job in Europe - beacuse I know European language other than English.

My repeated attempts to call the international organization's telephone operator failed -- he /she simply hung up when I said something in English. The other day I saw a movie about Tunisian youth working in that country --and how the local blue collar workers treated them like Dalits.

Even with the sister concerns I realise that langauge politics plays an important role in deciding where to establish regional or local centers--their anti-English bias amazes me. I was told about it by someone who very recently joined there -so may not be accurate but the telephone operator remined me of my expeince in Madras, Tamil Nadu where the passersby only answered to my English but not to Hindi. Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh were just the opposite however.

Umesh

Yahoo! Messenger - want a free & easy way to contact your friends online?