Here is something interesting from Jung.Incidently, does anyone know how the
world 'Weltanschauung' is pronounced.I know it means 'world view', but the way
Jung has used it, does theword have some special significance in German?
***In his 1957 classic, The Undiscovered Self, Carl Jung examined indetail Nazi
Germany's mass psychosis and the dangers of learning "tosubmit absolutely to a
collective belief." Here is what he observed:
 "The truth is that we don't know for certain whether somethingsimilar might
happen elsewhere.  It would not be surprising if it didand if another nation
succumbed to the infection of a uniform andone-sided idea.  America…seems to be
immune because of the outspokencounter-position she has adopted, but in point
of fact she is perhapseven more vulnerable than Europe, since her educational
system is themost influenced by the scientific Weltanschauung with its
statisticaltruths; Her mixed population finds it difficult to strike roots in
asoil that is practically without history.  The absence of a historicaland
humanistic education so sorely needed in such a circumstanceleads, on the
contrary, to a Cinderella existence."