Title: RE: [Assam] Sentinel Article: Guess who is on whose side
I agree with the concerns you raise, Santanu.  They are totally valid.

>I am not opposing the boycott.

*** Unfortunately, even if you or I can empathize with the need to stop an unchecked immigration ,a boycott like this is bound to be misused or misapplied sooner or later, just like all vigilante-justice does. And when the innocent or the undeserving becomes a victim, the injustice becomes complete.

Ultimately it boils down to one thing: The inability and/or unwillingness of Indian Governance to deliver on its duty of protecting its borders from unchecked immigration.

I realize all too well, that a complete border sealing will never be possible and immigration from B'Desh will continue to take place, as long as the there is land to be occupied. I think it is land, much more than the opportunity to grow vegetables on chars or provide cheap labor, that brings B'Deshis into the NE.
But the migration could be abated and controlled with creative and policies
and action on the part of Indian Govt. Question is whether the political will
exists? By all indications, spanning thirty plus years, it does not.