I guess most people understands freedoms and ideas are
relative. Those that don't are the ones willing to
maim and kill if people don't accept their point of
view. Like not going to Independence day celebrations.

Thinking people make their choices, hold it up to
reason and then change some when those choices turn
against reason.

Going by the logic presented on this post, when Osama
Bin Laden and his cohorts blow up civilians and
buildings, it is a fight for freedom. So is it when
Daniel Pearl's head is cut off. And children in Beslan
are held in a siege and then killed ruthlessly. Heck,
even Hitler's mass murder of Jews was about creating a
better Germany.

But then we have to make our choices. Most thinking
people would, in my opinion, make the choice AGAINST
the idea of killing children just because they chose
to celebrate Independence day. Even when, some who,
like me, have not made a sacrifice of their life but
are content posting opinions here opine that he is
going to give credence to those giving their lives.
The choice is between me or him, not me or ULFA or for
that matter me or the Indian Army. The choice, in this
case, is clear.

=== message truncated ===