From: deka7kl <deka...@gmail.com>
To: assamonline@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2008 3:47:08 PM
Subject: [asom] On preservation of endangered Kamrupi

"Transparent approach" would be wise in order to discuss on preservation of
endangered Kamrupi (both language and culture/tradition).

What do I mean by "transparent approach"?

We are not looking to compare Kamrupi (both language and culture/tradition)
with other(s).

Instead, we review Kamrupi originality - both tribal & non-tribal Kamrupi in
greater Kamrupi land includes Cooch Behar.

SOME EXAMPLES

Kamrupi inherited range of treasures

Dhuila culture -
Baro, Rabha, Saranya, Rajbanshi, non-tribal Koihati, etc, all kind

Putla naach culture -
(Do you know Kamrupi were innovators of this art in the sub-continant? Now
probably in Goalpara it is still performed!)

How to preserve?

Language example (tribal languages include):

Kamrupi grammar -
usage of Sanskritized pronunciation to compose present perfect sentences is
spread among Kamrupi speakers all over greater Kamrupi land, also we cannot
sing Kamrupi/Goalporia lokageet without this grammar. So we need to preserve
this grammar, avoid using text-book grammar to speak Kamrupi.

Vocabulary preservation -
Kamrupi needs to preserve authentic Kamrupi vocabulary with its original
meanings, NO mess-up.

"Pakarpur" next to Lebrasantipur (North of Nalbari area) here "pakar" meaning
"appear for a divine cause".

/p/ (or /pa/) meaning get appear /kara/ meaning done
/p/    + /kara/ -> pakar

/chit/ + /kara/ -> chitkar
/dhik/ + /kara/ -> dhikkar

Mahendra Kandali - "toila /nun/ naai suda byanjan ene shaad kibaa hari /h/
shadme asha"

Since Mahendra Kandali time to date in greater Kamrupi land /nun/ = salt,
Kamrupi should use this word instead of importing new.

"/katit/ mekhla" meaning mekhla on waist - /kati/ = weist (Kamrupi scripture
says and lot still speaks)

How to stop publishers editing out Kamrupi vocabulary in the printed books
created from its original Kamrupi scriptures?

Lets bring to light what needs to be preserved for Kamrupi then we can think of
how to preserve.

Lets help to get more critical issues on Kamrupi!

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: