On Mon, 2 Aug 2010 14:31:13 -0700, John R. Ehrman (408-463-3543 T/543-)
<ehr...@stlvm27.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

>Specify SECTALGN(16). You'll get a warning message about quad
>alignment, but that's necessary for CMS and VSE users whose
>loaders/linkers don't (yet, anyway) support quad alignments.
>On z/OS, the generated object is correct; you can use the
>SUPRWARN option to suppress the warning.
>John Ehrman
>    (------------------ Referenced Note Follows --------------------)
>Date: 2 August 2010, 17:09:21 EDT
>
>So how can you get QUADWORD alginment?
>
>Trying
>
> QWALGIN  DS    0LQ
>
>generates this message:
>
>ASMA500E Requested alignment exceeds section alignment
>
>which seems to imply you need to do SECTLALGN(16), but this in turn
>requries option GOFF which is not an option.
>
>Thank you.

Thank you John.

I was not aware of the SUPRWARN option.

>From an end-user perspective, (my opinion in other words) the

    DS  0LQ

should work without having to specify all these other options.  But the good
news is that the SUPRWARN comes pretty close.

This particular assembly is buried in a rather unchangeable infrastructure
so using GOFF and LIST(133) is not an alternative.