On Mon, 20 Dec 2010 13:36:26 -0500 "John P. Baker" <jbaker...@comporium.net>
wrote:

:>In my code I have a need to be able to simultaneously access a number of
:>different control blocks, so I have a lot of registers tied up.  No space
:>for more than one instruction base register, but I cannot limit the code in
:>a procedure to 4K.  So I write baseless code.

:>I tried breaking the procedures down.  The code size grew dramatically.  At
:>the same time, performance went to hell in a handbasket.  MVCL and PLO
:>instructions tend to do that to you.

One wonders the connection between breaking down a procedure and the use of
MVCL and PLO.

http://www.dissensoftware.com