On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 4:40 PM, Thomas Berg <thomas.b...@swedbank.se> wrote:

> I don't quite understand Your problems with SIGNAL.  AFAICS, You use SIGNAL
> when the situation is such that You can't handle it within Your REXX routine
> logic/context.  That's is, You must abort all processing and (normally) give
> a comprehensive error message, maybe also log it.

The "abort all processing" is the magic. At best show some diagnostic
information to diagnose the problem. But not everyone can resist the
temptation...

I found some code where a bright soul had put a "restart:" somewhere
in the REXX program and then a "signal restart" in the "error:"
handler. Unfortunately the trapped error was in a "procedure" so once
the program went though that path, it continued with part of the REXX
variables hidden outside the scope (but filling up memory).