On Mon, 4 Apr 2011 06:31:49 -0400 Joe Owens <joe_ow...@standardlife.com>
wrote:

:>I have need to multiply a STCK duration, ie STCK2-STCK1 by a variable
:>factor, say from 5% to 1000%.

OK.

:>I would like the result to be a STCK duration too, suitable for STIMER
:>MICVL=

Makes sense.

:>I suspect the best answer is to do FP arithmetic. I've never done this
:>before, and looking for some friendly advice.

128 bit fixed point arithmetic should be adequate.

     LG   Rx+1,INTERVAL
     MLG  Rx,factor
     STG  Rx+1,MICVL

http://www.dissensoftware.com