Paul's suggestion of LOCTR is how I solved the issue that hit me. I'd
forgotten about that when I wrote my earlier note.

I may have been absent from the list for a while, but long-timers
remember me as being particularly "gripey".  :)

On 2011-07-08 05:03, Peter Relson wrote:
However, use of RSECT in a multiple CSECT assembly
allows a temporary override of NORENT

The multiple CSECT assembly case had not come to mind. I think, while
unwieldy, in many cases each such assembly could have its own *PROCESS
RENT/NORENT. I don't claim that's better, just that until the "gripe" is
satisfied, it might be acceptable.

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design