From: IBM Mainframe Assembler List [mailto:ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]
On Behalf Of Martin Truebner
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2011 2:47 PM
To: ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: Conditional assembly test for current AMODE

I am an ignorant VSE person- The fact that SYSSTATE is explained to VSE
people in only 1 page and in MVS in 17 pages made me wonder....

>> ...SYSSTATE ...and you have the same intent expressed.

and this made me believe that I was right in ignoring that macro
(which covers intent but in no way leaves space for real life) and
covered all bases in my code and not rely on it.

I had one case where the generated code had a LAE instead of an LA with
SYSSTATE ...AR...

Come on, can't they read POP- LAE is the same as an LA in non AR
mode.

....in a few words: sorry Jim, I see no point in testing for the AMODE
at assembly time.

--
Martin

Pi_cap_CPU - all you ever need around MWLC/SCRT/CMT in z/VSE
more at http://www.picapcpu.de