Well, I want to calculate an interval between two STCKE time values.

It seems like this is a great opportunity to use SLBGR, but I
don't have a lot of confidence in the right way to do this.

Suppose me ending timestamp is in datetimen and my starting
timestamp is in datetimes, defined this way:

datetimen ds cl16
datetimes ds cl16

Here's what I'm thinking:

        LMG   R2,R4,datetimen  - put datetime into R2/R3
                                 (use 64 bits in each reg)
                                 and put datetimes into R4/R5
                                 (use 64 bits in each reg)
        SLBGR  R3,R5
        SLBGR  R2,R4

after this, I think the difference is in R2/R3 as a
128-bit integer

Is this right?

If so, then I can store R2/R3 into a 16-byte area and use
CONVTOD to calculate the difference. Somehow that seems a
little off.

Would appreciate any insights / suggestions for this.

Thanks.

--

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-355-2752
http://www.trainersfriend.com

* To get a good Return on your Investment, first make an investment!
  + Training your people is an excellent investment

* Try our tool for calculating your Return On Investment
    for training dollars at
  http://www.trainersfriend.com/ROI/roi.html