I wouldn't even bother with S/370.  Start at S/360.  You don't care about
paging or vitual storage, yet.  Once you have the S/360 down, most
architectural extensions generalize easily from there.  PoOps is way too
much for a beginner, both in volume and prerequisite knowledge.

In the '60s, Tim Tomaselli of Stevens gave me an IBM publication.  Little
did he know how valuable it would turn out to be.  Thank you, Tim!!  It was
excellent.  You can find it here:

http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/ibm/360/training/C20-1646-1_A_Programmers_Introduction_To_IBM_System360_Assembler_Language_May66.pdf

--
OREXXMan