Bob,

>> (citation from Prog-guide)

and the next sentence is what I cited.

Just so that everyone knows that VSE is an excellent OP_sys- here is
what happens:

4 // ASSGN SYSADAT,IGN
F4-0004 1A43D  INVALID LOGICAL UNIT SPECIFICATION.

This is off-thread - but I like to share it.

Now watch this- because I was already playing I tried something more:

4 // ASSGN SYSRLB,IGN
F4-0004 1A87D  ASSGN SYSCLB/RLB/SLB NO LONGER SUPPORTED. USE LIBDEF COMMAND

Good

4 // ASSGN SYSCLB,UA
F4-0004 1A87D  ASSGN SYSCLB/RLB/SLB NO LONGER SUPPORTED. USE LIBDEF
COMMAND

Good
4 // ASSGN SYSCLB,IGN
F4-0004 1A04D  INVALID I/O ASSIGNMENT.

Oups- someone did not apply the complete correction- This is gone since
20 years.

--
Martin

Pi_cap_CPU - all you ever need around MWLC/SCRT/CMT in z/VSE
more at http://www.picapcpu.de