On 6/17/2012 11:18 AM, Hardee, Chuck wrote:
Has anyone ever done anything like this? If so, how does one
test for the GEN/NOGEN status?

While I haven't taken the approach suggested by Mr. Gilmore, a
friend (S. Metz) started me on something related. I have three
string variables, for source, local macros, system code and
macros, that are set to defaults by a COPY statement, used in
the deck on PRINT statements, and modifiable without source
changes from the PARM field via macro.

Introducing a fourth variable to keep the current state would be
trivial. If I were to do this, I'd introduce a new LIST macro,
otherwise identical to PRINT, to maintain the current status.

Gerhard Postpischil
Bradford, VT