Sequence numbers is one of those topics where opinions divide.  HLASM -
written in HLASM, has had their sequence numbers stripped and stored in
UTF8 on a Jazz server.  We use RTC and Jazz for HLASM. Its an integrated
system - source control and project management, all together in RTC.  Not
only internal project management, but the RFE requests come through to my
RTC as well - and they are all linked together.  Its not just about source
code. All these pieces fit together - provide development, test and
management with a consistent & coherent view. I get security and auditing
for free. I'm sure its no secret, but the other products at the lab have
also moved to RTC - and are using RTC as an integrated system - and other
products at our sister labs are doing the same.  There is flexibility in
what we do, I know some teams have chosen subversion.

Thinking about sequence numbers is just the tip of the iceberg.

Sharuff

Sharuff Morsa - IBM Hursley
Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.