Excellent analysis- assembler list is the only list where I have to be carefull (reply all and erase original)-

----- Original message -----
Sent: 2013/04/17 00:43:10
Subject: Re:yahoo and ASSEMBLER-LIST

The cause is indeed Yahoo's email.  It automatically inserts a Reply-To with the sender's email address.

What follows is a copy that I sent to the list owner last August:

It appears that when ASSEMBLER-LIST forwards messages it, unlike other listservs, does not modify the “reply-to” field when it is present.

This means that when I send email from this email account (yahoo.com) to this listserv, it retains the "Reply-To: Frank Swarbrick " email header that yahoo.com unfortunately adds to my email.  This means that when someone does a REPLY rather than a REPLY ALL the reply ends up being directed to me personally rather than the list.  I can find no way on yahoo.com to make it eliminate the Reply-to field (I can change it; I just can't eliminate it).

Looking at the configuration for this list at http://www.lsoft.com/scripts/wl.exe?SL2=1975&R=623&N=ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU I see that the following is specified:
Reply-to= List,Respect

My guess is that it should be changed to this:
Reply-To= List,Ignore
which is how it is configured for the IBM-MAIN listserv:
http://www.lsoft.com/scripts/wl.exe?SL2=2491&R=535&N=ibm-m...@listserv.ua.edu

Frank