Why not just try to get memory above the line, using IARST64 REQUEST=GET,
and check the return code?

http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/IEA2A9B0/4.1

Or, you might check the CVTV64 bit in the CVTOSLV2 flag field of the CVT
(CVT macro), after checking that FLCARCH is non-zero in the PSA (IHAPSA
macro).

      USING PSA,0
      CLI FLCARCH,0
      BZ   NO64BIT
      L     1,FLCCVT
      DROP 0
      USING CVT,1
      TM   CVTOSLV2,CVTV64
      BZ   NO64BIT
      IHAPSA DSECT=YES,LIST=YES
      CVT  DSECT=YES,LIST=YES

--
This is a test of the Emergency Broadcast System. If this had been an
actual emergency, do you really think we'd stick around to tell you?

Maranatha! <><
John McKown