>System will always be able to answer a request for 64 bit - If you make
it
>conditional it will tell you that it resolved from below the bar (if
>the area above the bar is exhausted). Scott, what would stop you
>using z-arch-instructions to handle it?

That is not the way 64-bit storage works in z/OS. You can request. If you
request conditionally, you get a return code back if not available (such
as by 'too small MEMLIMIT').
It is then up to you to request below-2G storage by the normal means. If
you request unconditionally, you abend if not available.

>My issue is more trying to allocate a 64 bit storage
>and it failing
Just about any request for storage can "fail". It is up to you to decide
what to do when it does, such as 'try something else'.

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design