From: IBM Mainframe Assembler List [mailto:ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On
Behalf Of T'Dell Sparks
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2013 2:49 PM
To: ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: 3 job openings for mainframe Assembler/C programmers, dump readers

You're less likely to code assembler on the those systems, as  with VSE  has a
different style to coding  I/O macros ( No mystery here the DOS/VSE macros in a
spate section of the Abel book )  and with  the VM/370  you could code without
remorse using the Assembler facility under  Xedit (forgot what I was called ,
but worked well enough to run a few programs).    If you are running Linux I's
use C/C++ just as well , or if you have a c/C++ compiler at your disposal on
z/OS you're ahead of the game. You can write simple c programs and look at the
.s  listing and compare the code generated against a hand coded assembler.

Ahh such memorable fun ... I need my milk and cookies  and a nap now .. I'm old