Also, I believe Enterprise COBOL does have some multitasking capability or
it came in with the 5.1 compiler. I am not familiar with it, though, just
like I am not familiar with OO COBOL. :)

On 2013-11-04 10:23, Scott Ford wrote:
Guys:
I am in the process of rewriting a STC from single thread Cobol into threaded C.
I have some Assembler routines that perform disk I/O , so I assume they are
doing I/O below 'the line'.  Can someone point me the direction how I can
modify the Assembler routines to perform I/O above the line ?

--
M. Ray Mullins
Roseville, CA, USA

German is essentially a form of assembly language consisting entirely of far
calls heavily accented with throaty guttural sounds. ---ilvi
French is essentially German with messed-up pronunciation and spelling.
--Robert B Wilson
English is essentially French converted to 7-bit ASCII.  ---Christophe Pierret
[for Alain LaBonté]