EJ's original suggestion was a good one; and it may well be that, as Bernd
Oppolzer has suggested, he identified one of a class of quondam
errors/blunders that the assembler can usefully warn against.

More attention to this narrow question may yet yield something useful.

On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 10:20 PM, robin <robi...@dodo.com.au> wrote:

> [...]

John Gilmore, Ashland, MA 01721 - USA