I want to load a program that has AMODE 64 from a Program with AMODE 31.
.
.
I looked at David Bonds Share Session 8158 - August. 2003
64-Bit z/OS Assembler Coding.
.
It was very informative.
.
.
So I issue a Load for PROG64 which has AMODE 64, from a program with AMODE 31.
*
LARL  R2,PROG64$
LOAD  EPLOC=(R2)          ISSUE LOAD
STM   R15,R1,SVLOADZ    SAVE REGISTERS FROM LOAD                 ST
R0,PROD64@          STOR MODULE ADDRESS
.
.
At a Latter Time,I want to invoke this module passing a structure whose address
is in Register 1, using the following instructions.
*
LARL  R1,STRUCT31    31 Bit Structure
L     R15,PROG64@    Get Target Routine Address from Load
LLGTR R15,R15        Ensure R15 Has a Good Address
BASSM R14,R15        Call PROG64 in AMODE 64
.
*
*31 Bit Storage
         DS   0D
PROG64$  DC   CL8'PROG64  '
PROG64@  DC   A(0)
*
STRUCT31 DS   CL256
.
.
Are the above sequence of instructions correct ?
Do I need to issue LLGTR ?
What am I mis understanding to accomplish this ?
.
.
Thanks
Paul D'Angelo