OK, I guess I asked my question poorly. And I should not have said anything
about the PLO (instruction, not Mid-East organization)

So. Has anyone on this forum actually used the TBEGIN and TEND instructions
in their code? I would appreciate knowing what / why they chose to do so.
I'm just trying to understand the real purpose of these instructions on a
PRACTICAL level. Yes, I've read up on "Transactional Memory" on the web.
And how it allows "atomic updates". But I would like a real world example
of why use this vs. the older "atomic" instructions (TSET, CS, CDS, PLO,
etc).