Von: John McKown <john.archie.mck...@gmail.com>
Datum: 11.05.17  19:23  (GMT+01:00)
An: ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Betreff: Re: Performance of Decimal Floating Point Instruction

On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 12:12 PM, Paul Gilmartin <
00000014e0e4a59b-dmarc-requ...@listserv.uga.edu> wrote:

> On 2017-05-11, at 06:34, Charles Mills wrote:
>
> >> If you need a way to ABEND, use the proper LE service, or an assembler
> > routine. Anything else will bite you sooner or later.
> >
> > AMEN!
> >
> No more "DC H'0'"

​My current favorite is : J *+2 which results in a S0C1, since it is now
guaranteed that x'00' will _never_ be used as a valid opcode. It replaces
my previous favorite of: EX * which is an S0C3.

But I agree that using something like CEE3ABD​ is the "proper" way to go in
an LE environment. Most of my HLASM code is now LE enabled (the main
exceptions being "user exits").

--
Advertising is a valuable economic factor because it is the cheapest way of
selling goods, particularly if the goods are worthless. -- Sinclair Lewis

Maranatha! <><
John McKown