Indeed... but, J. Scott's technique is actually different (and at least to
me interesting).  It also has the benefit of being actual working code.

btw, my suggested "improvement" isn't complete; another OI is needed for
the next-to-last byte of &target.

And if you're paranoid about the possibility of it being used in sub-240
byte routines, then sure, my changes won't do.

--
sas