Well, after looking at the code that is generated, I really do think that this was done this way for PLAX (or whatever it is today) users and NOT HLASM programmers.

And the manual needs to explain this better. This is the label prefix for all the labels that will be generated by this expansion.

I say this because Whatever it is you put in the second parm, becomes the label prefix. And then each field has its own label with that prefix.

And the label on the MACRO call is put into the source like this:

IEATDUMP_L IEATDUMP PLISTVER=MAX,MF=(L,IEATDUMP_S)

+IEATDUMP_L EQU IEATDUMP_S
+IEATDUMP_S DS  OD
+IEATDUMP_S_.......

One would have expected that a DSECT macro would be be required to be generated... You know, like IHAPSA, or IKJTCB, or IEFZB4d0, or ...

Regards,
Steve Thompson