On 10/31/18 8:16 AM, Peter Relson wrote:
<snip>
So y'all will know how things worked out -- I found the issues
and fixed them.
</snip>

Please share the details of "the issues", whether they were coding
error(s) or were thing(s) that you figured out.
Both could be helpful to others, to avoid whatever pitfalls you ran into.

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design

Quickly, there was confusion with a label being used in the COBOL code. The COBOL area and the ALC DSECT matched, but the wrong label was used so the wrong value was in the "right place" and the TEXT unit logic was using the wrong info.

It was Scott (of IBM) over in IBM-main who pointed out something about what SVC99 was doing.... and it suddenly occurred to me that I may have finger-checked in the COBOL driver.

This little incident uncovered another problem: The original TIOT validation routine, based on how things were done with MVS/SP1 (looks up the DDName to see if it is already allocated) was failing. It was telling us that a DDNAME was not in the table when we know it had to be, because it was defined in the JCL.

Regards,
Steve Thompson