Jon,

The problem is that you are assuming that my programmers are complaining about what happens when they use the macro contrary to the documentation. They don't. You are trying to argue an issue based on a false premise.

My people are smart enough to read any abend dump and figure out that they did something stupid. Maybe your people are not and so you have to coddle them.

It all boils down to you only wanting things to work the way you want them to, and not the way someone else wants them to.

Is it the best code example? No.
Does it work every time the coder uses it correctly? Yes.
If the coder uses it incorrectly, does it affect the end user? No, if fails the first test run.

And, yes, I did assemble it. I did not run it because, by design, it would abend if used incorrectly.

Your just being picky. I'm done with the conversation.

Tony Thigpen