macro

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Assembler List [mailto:ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On
Behalf Of John McKown
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 1:31 PM
To: ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Loading a VCON with as an immediate value

To me, it seems silly to do the following, if I am only loading a VCON in a
single place.

L R15,=V(ENTRY)

When I can do:

 LLILF R15,0
 ORG *-4
 DC V(ENTRY)

I am hoping that someone out there can tell me how I can improve the previous 3
instructions to be something like:

  LLILH R15,ENTRY

HLASM complains the ENTRY is either relocatable or unresolved. Yes, it is
relocatable, but at run time it will be a constant. Is there some "magic"
to get HLASM to know this?

--
Money is the root of all evil.
Evil is the root of all money.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown

NOTICE: This communication is intended only for the person or entity to whom it
is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged
material. Unless you are the intended addressee, any review, reliance,
dissemination, distribution, copying or use whatsoever of this communication is
strictly prohibited. If you received this in error, please reply immediately
and delete the material from all computers. Email sent through the Internet is
not secure. Do not use email to send us confidential information such as credit
card numbers, PIN numbers, passwords, Social Security Numbers, Account numbers,
or other important and confidential information.