Any idea why Ironport classified this and one other message as spam?

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
http://mason.gmu.edu/~smetz3

From: IBM Mainframe Assembler List <ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> on behalf
of John McKown <john.archie.mck...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2019 7:46 AM
To: ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: Loading a VCON with as an immediate value

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 3:11 PM Charles Mills <charl...@mcn.org> wrote:

> Oh my gosh, @John, 4 bytes of virtual storage is NOTHING! Especially now
> that there is no effective 4K limit on easy addressability.
>
> OTOH, you have already spent the most precious thing of all on it: your
> time.

Time spent learning is never wasted. Even if the thing learned is not
extremely important. At least, that is my philosophy.

> Not to mention whoever has to maintain this code, is probably a newbie to
> HLASM, and has to puzzle over the ORG and VCON.
>
> Yes, what is slightly more than nothing is the cache line, and using LARL
> avoids the hit on the data cache.

Right. That's why I need the community to refresh my failed memory on using
the LARL. The example was just to clarify what I was trying to accomplish.
I dislike doing ORG instructions in code. And once reminded of LARL, I
found the BRAS and BRASL instructions, if I'm only going to invoke the
routine in a single place in my code.

Please note that this is all for my personal edification. When I write code
for work, I stick more to the "tried and true" instructions simply to avoid
problems in the future with people who don't keep up with the new
instructions (or even care any more). In any case, I am sure that IBM would
love to make everybody go to Metal C instead of HLASM for the cases where
an HLL such as C/C++, COBOL, PL/I, et al. cannot be used.

--
Money is the root of all evil.
Evil is the root of all money.

Maranatha! <><