Floating point is stored in double words.  Most of the time the nominal
value is 0, which looks the same in hex and Floating Point.

The FD notation seems weird to me.  But it takes care of alignment.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Assembler List [mailto:ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]
On Behalf Of Joseph Reichman
Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2019 6:03 PM
To: ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: ltorg question

Thought it was a double word

As in DS D

> On Jun 25, 2019, at 9:01 PM, Mike Hochee <mike.hoc...@aspg.com> wrote:
>
> Hey Joe,
>
> The 'D'  (floating point constant type) and F (fixed point constant type)
have been around forever. Somewhere between 95-2002 IBM added the
type-extension subfield to the DC instruction. As of 2004, D became a valid
type-extension, which clarifies characteristics of the type, so in
type-extension context, D is doubleword.  (
ftp://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/websphere/awdtools/hlasm/S8164H.pdf  pg 3
)

> For fixed point type double word constants, you can use... ONE   DC
FD'1'