On Tue, 2 Jul 2019 at 17:24, Joseph Reichman <reichman...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am hoping to have the Assembler Started task code call a C DLL,  On the
> Windows end it would be C/C+ code calling the
> DLL obviously there are differences because of the platform but I am guessing
> hose call be handled by #IFDEF
>
> In Windows Loading the DLL is a LoadLibrary Api then GetProcAddress to get
> the exports
>
> I am not sure how to do this in Assembler is there a LoadLibrary Macro or a
> GetProcAddress macro to call the exported
> function

DLLs are discussed in the LE book _Language Environment Programming
Guide_ in Chapter 4. Most of the examples and discussions are about C,
but there are some brief assembler bits. And there is a discussion of
assembler considerations (not just for DLLs) in Chapter 29, including
the various macros you need.

To be clear, HLASM *is* explictly a supported language for both
writing and invoking DLLs under LE. See "Support for DLLs" at the very
start of Chapter 4.

I haven't played with this for many years, and am not current, but
other people on this list have written about it - maybe John McKown?
And there was the Trainer's Friend guy (Steve Comstock?), who gave
courses on this and related LE matters. He made his course materials
available for sale when he closed the business. Maybe they are still
out there? Ah - I see some of it is now on Amazon. Not free, but maybe
a good deal. http://www.trainersfriend.com/zOS.shtml I have no
connection, etc...

Tony H.