On Wed, 6 Nov 2019 at 18:08, Steve Thompson <ste...@copper.net> wrote:

> But my point was, the contents of R0 may be relevant. Implying it
> never matters is not quite right.

When specified as a base or index register, i.e. as Bn or Xn in any
instruction with such fields in its description, R0 is treated as if
it contained 0 when evaluated as part of the address arithmetic
process. This is true regardless of Amode, Translation mode (DAT,
primary/secondary/home/AR modes), or prefixing, all of which control
the interpretation of an "effective address", which has already been
generated from an "intermediate value" which in turn was formed
through a process that ignores the content of R0.

> BTW, I went and looked it up (I have quite a few copies of the
> PoOP from different points in time).

Where did you find that the R0 content matters in these cases?

Tony H.