From: IBM Mainframe Assembler List <ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> on behalf
of Steve Smith <sasd...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, November 8, 2019 3:34 PM
To: ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: Prefixing (was Questionable Instructions in Obtaining EAX
documentation)

 I've seen nothing but technical posts (exc. the last), that have been
perfectly civil.  I can't imagine what awoke your curiosity.

As for memory fragmentation relief, that's a secondary effect of virtual
memory providing more address space(s).  While that is important, I like
Don's two fundamental raison d'etres for virtual memory (or DAT).

sas

--
sas