Ref:  Your note of Thu, 21 Nov 2019 22:26:07 -0500

BASR doesn't switch AMODE.  If you want to switch AMODE you need
to use BASSM (and return using BSM, as the return address will
be odd for AMODE 64).

If you BASR staying in AMODE 64, the high word of the register
needs to be zero.  If you're not clearing it, the effect will
depend on what the caller had in it, which may well be different
in the TEST environment.

> I have a amode 64 rmode 31 program I would like to do I/O So I have to have
> the DCB below 16mb So I have LOAD a module amode 64 rmode 24
>
> After loading I turn the 1 bit to the right off now I have a clean half
> address when I BASR to it bombs and the PSW has the one bit on
>
> A funny thing under TEST making a breaking point at the basr it doesn't
> happen

Jonathan Scott, HLASM
IBM UK, Hursley