From: "Seymour J Metz" <sme...@gmu.edu>
To: <ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
Sent: Wednesday, June 03, 2020 7:00 AM

Paging? The conventional wisdom has always been to stay within one base
register,

The XPL compiler used multiple base registers.

so for systems with 4K pages that isn't an issue. I tend to use LOCTR so that constants aren't always at the end of the source code. I normally put labels on the same line as the instructions and inserting code has never been a problem. I will admit to using self-modifying code when I was a callow youth, but I stopped doing that and started making any new code reentrant and refreshable sometime around the end of the 1960s.

---