Ahhh...good catch.  Yes this will work with a length specified for the second
operand.

Frank M. Ramaekers Jr.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Assembler List [mailto:ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On
Behalf Of Gary Weinhold
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2022 9:38 AM
To: ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: ZAP to expand remainder

             External Message – Think Before You Click

I think you need to specify the length of the second operand or else it will
take the length of WKPACK and pick up bytes beyond the end of WKPACK.

On 2022-01-26 2:02 p.m., Keven Hall wrote:
> [...]
>

> Regards
> Keven
>
>> On Jan 26, 2022, at 11:45, Frank M.
>> Ramaekers<uisfrancism.ramaek...@globe.life>  wrote:
>>
>> Will this instruction work?
>>
>>          ZAP   WKPACK,WKPACK+(L'WKPACK-L'KDAYSQC)  Expand remainder
>>
>> In other words, can one expand the remainder from a DP instruction to the
>> entire field?
>>
>> Frank Ramaekers Jr. | Systems Senior Administrator | CIS Mainframe
>> Services Unisys | O-(512) 387-3949 | M-(254) 214-1820
>> |francis.ramaek...@unisys.com<mailto:francis.ramaek...@unisys.com>
>>
>> [unisys_logo]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.unisys.com/__;!!
>> GePVz-XrgrDUrw!9wAF3OGAxgQkCcDuKs3t5-pxSqnoPkW6Sj1ua30vd23lA3nSah_rQv
>> GgJX13DCtS$ >
>>
>> THIS COMMUNICATION MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR OTHERWISE PROPRIETARY
>> MATERIAL and is for use only by the intended recipient. If you received this
>> in error, please contact the sender and delete the e-mail and its
>> attachments from all devices.
>> [Grey_LI]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.linkedin.com/company/unisys__;!!GePVz-XrgrDUrw!9wAF3OGAxgQkCcDuKs3t5-pxSqnoPkW6Sj1ua30vd23lA3nSah_rQvGgJcXlLWzC$
>>  >
>> [Grey_TW]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://twitter.com/unisyscorp__;!!GePVz-XrgrDUrw!9wAF3OGAxgQkCcDuKs3t5-pxSqnoPkW6Sj1ua30vd23lA3nSah_rQvGgJQgtuVp7$
>>  >
>> [Grey_GP]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://plus.google.com/*UnisysCorp/posts__;Kw!!GePVz-XrgrDUrw!9wAF3OGAxgQkCcDuKs3t5-pxSqnoPkW6Sj1ua30vd23lA3nSah_rQvGgJSzW0X35$
>>  >
>> [Grey_YT]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.youtube.com/theunisyschannel__;!!GePVz-XrgrDUrw!9wAF3OGAxgQkCcDuKs3t5-pxSqnoPkW6Sj1ua30vd23lA3nSah_rQvGgJcscZzNR$
>>  >
>> [Grey_FB]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.facebook.com/unisyscorp__;!!GePVz-XrgrDUrw!9wAF3OGAxgQkCcDuKs3t5-pxSqnoPkW6Sj1ua30vd23lA3nSah_rQvGgJXssa1De$
>>  >
>> [Grey_Vimeo]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://vimeo.com/unisys__;!!GePVz-XrgrDUrw!9wAF3OGAxgQkCcDuKs3t5-pxSqnoPkW6Sj1ua30vd23lA3nSah_rQvGgJfR9TnB8$
>>  >
>> [Grey_UB]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://blogs.unisys.com/__;!!GePVz-XrgrDUrw!9wAF3OGAxgQkCcDuKs3t5-pxSqnoPkW6Sj1ua30vd23lA3nSah_rQvGgJZi0iv7L$
>>  >
>> [Grey_Weibo]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://weibo.com/unisyschina__;!!GePVz-XrgrDUrw!9wAF3OGAxgQkCcDuKs3t5-pxSqnoPkW6Sj1ua30vd23lA3nSah_rQvGgJUGff4Kd$
>>  >

>> - This message contains information which is privileged and
>> confidential and is solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you are
>> not the intended recipient, be aware that any review, disclosure, copying,
>> distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited.
>> If you have received this in error, please destroy it immediately and notify

Gary Weinhold
Senior Application Architect
DATAKINETICS | Data Performance & Optimization
Phone:+1.613.523.5500 x216
Email: weinh...@dkl.com
Visit us online at
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.DKL.com__;!!GePVz-XrgrDUrw!9wAF3OGAxgQkCcDuKs3t5-pxSqnoPkW6Sj1ua30vd23lA3nSah_rQvGgJZBfcDJg$
E-mail Notification: The information contained in this email and any
attachments is confidential and may be subject to copyright or other
intellectual property protection. If you are not the intended recipient, you
are not authorized to use or disclose this information, and we request that you
notify us by reply mail or telephone and delete the original message from your
mail system.