On Feb 1, 2022, at 14:47:15, Tony Thigpen wrote:
> VSE has had JCL "GOTO" since "whenever", but JES2 did not have it for a long
> time.

Perhaps not even yet.  I can't find GOTO in the JCL Ref.  What JES2 manual
should
I search.  Can you code loops with it?

>     ... (And don't get me started on z/OS JCL's 'backward' condition code
> processing.)

I've long assumed that designers recruited from Assembler developers thought in
terms
of "branch around".

And I understand that VSE places the DD (DTF?) statements before the EXEC.  That
properly reflects the order of processing: ALLOCATE first, then ATTACH.  That's
how it's done in CLIST; Rexx; etc.

But DTF DI?  The attributes it requires seem very device-specific; not
independent.

--
gil