From: IBM Mainframe Assembler List [ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] on behalf
of Charles Mills [charl...@mcn.org]
Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2022 12:01 PM
To: ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: Does HLASM use NOTE and POINT on UNIX files?

I have done a LOT of assemblies from trays of cards. In DOS/360, in 1970, when
I did so, COPY libraries were always on disk. This was even before spooling in
DOS, so the assembler literally read from the card reader (well, called an
access method that read card-by-card from the card reader).

There was a b@st@rd stepbrother of DOS called TOS (yes, the T stood for Tape)
that had its SYSRES on tape, believe it or not. I guess its operation was a
sight to behold, but I never used it personally and have no idea about its
assembler mechanics.

Charles