I believe that z/OS will fortuitously load a large load module on a page
boundary. I also believe that could change without notice. If you need 4KiB
alignment, it's safer to declare it.

From: IBM Mainframe Assembler List <ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> on behalf
of Charles Mills <charl...@mcn.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 9, 2023 12:17 PM
To: ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: STSI use ?

By the way, the ORG STSINFO+4096 does not accomplish what you think it
accomplishes -- unless you bind your program with 4K load alignment (is there
such a thing? I think there is).

Your assembler listing will show SYSIB at address x'1000' which is of course 4K
aligned. But let's say that z/OS loads your program at address x'1230068'. Then
the actual run-time address of SYSIB will be x'1231068' -- which is of course
NOT 4K aligned.

Again, this is just by the way. The GETMAIN gives you 4K-aligned storage *in*
SYSIB, and that is your solution as you know.

Charles