Early on the OP said that program that were OK before (I assume meaning that
they passed testing) were now (with z/OS 2.5) not OK, but not abending. He had
evidently tracked enough errors to accessing page 0 instead of their intended
target that he's worried there are more.

This is  not unique to assembler, although it may be in the OP's case.  I've
written COBOL and REXX programs to chase pointers to find control blocks.  If I
don't check that my pointers are non-zero, I could have the same type of
errors.  And these programs are not production programs, so failures are
inconvenient, not catastrophic.

Gary Weinhold
Senior Application Architect
DATAKINETICS | Data Performance & Optimization
Phone:+1.613.523.5500 x216
Email: weinh...@dkl.com
Visit us online at www.DKL.com
E-mail Notification: The information contained in this email and any
attachments is confidential and may be subject to copyright or other
intellectual property protection. If you are not the intended recipient, you
are not authorized to use or disclose this information, and we request that you
notify us by reply mail or telephone and delete the original message from your
mail system.