Correction: the form named sprintf(). Darned spell check.

Charles

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Assembler List [mailto:ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On
Behalf Of Charles Mills
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2023 11:59 AM
To: ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: Automatic Variable Insertion

I know I have seen an example somewhere of calling printf() from assembler.
Printf() does not really do a WTO, but the form of it named sprint() returns a
string that you could WTO.

The printf() family is super powerful -- more than you could hope to achieve in
a reasonable amount of macro coding.

Charles