On 5/4/2023 1:19 PM, Peter Relson wrote:

Ed,

What you really want is not to dive so deeply into the weeds.

Bind with COMPAT=ZOSV2R1.

It does not work. Here is a trivial example.

I'm compiling with SECTALGN(256) and specifying no binder input other than a NAME statement:

//LKED.SYSIN  DD *
 NAME EJESAL3(R)

My binder options passed in through JCL are:

IEW2278I B352 INVOCATION PARAMETERS -
NCAL,MAP,XREF,LIST=SUMMARY,COMPAT=ZOSV2R1,FETCHOPT=(PACK,PRIME),RMODEX=64TRUE,AC=0,REFR,RENT,REUS
IEW2278I B352 IEWPARMS PARAMETERS - LISTPRIV=YES

The binder output is shown below. Note the "PAGE ALIGN YES" in the SAVE MODULE ATTRIBUTES section. I would like to understand where that is coming from. I'm not specifying it, at least not intentionally.

1PROCESSING OPTIONS:

    ALIASES             NO
    ALIGN2              NO
    AMODE               UNSPECIFIED
    CALL                NO
    CASE                UPPER
    COMPAT              ZOSV2R1
    COMPRESS            AUTO
    DCBS                NO
    DYNAM               NO
    EXTATTR             UNSPECIFIED
    EXITS:              NONE
    FILL                NONE
    GID                 UNSPECIFIED
    HOBSET              NO
    INFO                NO
    LET                 04
    LINECT              060
    LIST                SUMMARY
    LISTPRIV            YES
    LONGPARM            NO
    MAP                 YES
    MAXBLK              032760
    MODMAP              NO
    MSGLEVEL            00
    OVLY                NO
    PRINT               YES
    RES                 NO
    REUSABILITY         REFRESHABLE
    RMODE               UNSPECIFIED
    RMODEX              64TRUE
    SIGN                NO
    STORENX             NOREPLACE
    STRIPCL             NO
    STRIPSEC            NO
    SYMTRACE
    TERM                NO
    TRAP                ON
    UID                 UNSPECIFIED
    UPCASE              NO
    WKSPACE             000000K,000000K
    XCAL                NO
    XREF                YES
    ***END OF OPTIONS***

1SAVE OPERATION SUMMARY:

    MEMBER NAME         EJESAL3
    LOAD LIBRARY        PHOENIX.TEST.LOADLIB
    PROGRAM TYPE        PROGRAM OBJECT(FORMAT 5 OS COMPAT LEVEL z/OS V2R1 )
    VOLUME SERIAL       MVSPV3
    DISPOSITION         ADDED NEW
    TIME OF SAVE        15.33.19  MAY  4, 2023

1SAVE MODULE ATTRIBUTES:

    AC                  000
    AMODE                64
    COMPRESSION         NONE
    DC                  NO
    EDITABLE            YES
    EXCEEDS 16MB        NO
    EXECUTABLE          YES
    LONGPARM            NO
    MIGRATABLE          YES
    OL                  NO
    OVLY                NO
    PACK,PRIME          YES,YES
    PAGE ALIGN          YES
    REFR                YES
    RENT                YES
    REUS                YES
    RMODE               ANY
    SCTR                NO
    SIGN                NO
    SSI
    SYM GENERATED       NO
    TEST                NO
    XPLINK              NO
    MODULE SIZE (HEX)   00004F00
    DASD SIZE (HEX)     00007000

--
Phoenix Software International
Edward E. Jaffe

This e-mail message, including any attachments, appended messages and the
information contained therein, is for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient or have otherwise
received this email message in error, any use, dissemination, distribution,
review, storage or copying of this e-mail message and the information
contained therein is strictly prohibited. If you are not an intended
of this email message and do not otherwise utilize or retain this email
message or any or all of the information contained therein. Although this
email message and any attachments or appended messages are believed to be
free of any virus or other defect that might affect any computer system into
which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient
to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by the
sender for any loss or damage arising in any way from its opening or use.