I don't believe VSE supports DLLs, so this may be all for naught.  Unless VSE
has a non-DLL LDAP library.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Assembler List <ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> On Behalf
Of Dave Clark
Sent: Tuesday, June 6, 2023 12:43 PM
To: ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Calling C functions from HLASM

"IBM Mainframe Assembler List" <ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> wrote on
06/06/2023 02:20:37 PM:
> I got it working.  Didn't properly allocate automatic (stack) storage
> for the parameters in the earlier example.
>
> prntit2  ceeentry main=YES,auto=AUTOSZ
>          ceepcall printf,(fmtstr,3,str),,mf=(E,PARMS3)
>          ceeterm
> ppa      ceeppa ,
> fmtstr   dc    c'Test %d: %s.',x'0'
> str      dc    c'one two three',x'0'
>          ceedsa ,
> parms3   ceepcall ,(0,0,0),mf=L
> autoend  ds    0d
> autosz   equ   autoend-ceedsa
>          ceecaa ,
>          end   prntit2
>
> I don't have connectivity to LDAP as far as I know, so I can't test
> that
out.

        Excellent!  Excellent!  That is in-line with the statement earlier that
a stack is required for calling C functions.  Now I just hope that I actually
have the runtime library for LDAP and it wasn't just compiled into the LDAP
client that IBM provided us.

        By the way...  This is a z/VSE shop we're talking about here. ;-)

Sincerely,

Dave Clark
--
int.ext: 91078
direct: (937) 531-6378

Winsupply Group Services
3110 Kettering Boulevard
Dayton, Ohio  45439  USA
(937) 294-5331

This email message and any attachments is for use only by the named
addressee(s) and may contain confidential, privileged and/or proprietary
information. If you have received this message in error, please immediately
notify the sender and delete and destroy the message and all copies. All
unauthorized direct or indirect use or disclosure of this message is strictly
prohibited. No right to confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any
error in transmission.

The information contained in this electronic communication and any document
attached hereto or transmitted herewith is confidential and intended for the
exclusive use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for
delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
examination, use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
or any part thereof is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail
and destroy this communication. Thank you.