I have two programs -- both of which perform 3270 I/O with a
supervisor appendage routine in order to wait on a 3270 attention
interrupt instead of just the normal channel-end + device-end CCB status
code (x'0C00').

        The idea is to perform a 3270 ERASE-WRITE followed by a 3270
READ-MODIFIED.  Both use EXCP.  But, because (in between) you're waiting
for an end-user to make their changes and then hit either a function key
or an attention key, you can't just following the ERASE-WRITE with the
READ-MODIFIED.  In between, you have to queue up a NOOP and perform a
special wait for the 3270 attention signal.  Thus the reason for the
appendage routine.

        The first program is supplied by somebody else (with source code)
and works just fine.  The second program is one I've written and pretty
much incorporates the same techniques used by the fist program.  However,
when my program goes to queue up the NOOP, I get back CCB status x'0C40'
and I can't figure out why.  Anybody else have some idea?

Sincerely,

Dave Clark
--
int.ext: 91078
direct: (937) 531-6378

Winsupply Group Services
3110 Kettering Boulevard
Dayton, Ohio  45439  USA
(937) 294-5331

This email message and any attachments is for use only by the named
addressee(s) and may contain confidential, privileged and/or proprietary
information. If you have received this message in error, please
immediately notify the sender and delete and destroy the message and all
copies. All unauthorized direct or indirect use or disclosure of this
message is strictly prohibited. No right to confidentiality or privilege
is waived or lost by any error in transmission.